Friday, November 13, 2009

My blog baby


Well I am attempting to get this blog off the ground and out into the blogosphere. I have been trying to come up with a good name- right now I have Visions of Fabric and Needles Dance in My Head- borrowing the line from The Night Before Christmas- "Visions of sugarplums dance in their heads". It is still in Playdough mode so I am still tweaking it. I think maybe "Visions of Pincushions Dance in My Head"? I am sure eventually something will stick. :)

The other thing I have been sorting out is what my focus will be. I love all sorts of crafts- but sewing is main squeeze of them all. I may sneak some "non-sewing" items in such as crochet projects and scrapbooking- but I really want to focus on sewing. I have amassed great quantities of fabric as many of us sewists will do. But you know how it goes with having a family and working and... Like my friend Jaime would tell me- "Life gets in the way." My goal is to pare down my fabric collection without throwing it out or giving it away. I really want to dive in and create. I have been reading other sewer's blogs for a while- and they have really given me some inspiration. I figure that the more I talk about it, or blog about it- the more motivated I will be.

Where do I want to go from there? I don't know? Maybe I will just inspire others to take up the art form of sewing- maybe I will start creating enough that I can actually earn a sort of income. I do know that I want to enjoy myself and better my skills while doing it. Who knows, maybe I will make some friends in the process?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for subscribing to my blog!