Monday, December 28, 2009

nancyfancypants

Ok, I ditched the Visions of needles..somewhat creative crappynameformynewblog.  It sounded very contrived, and since I TRY not to sound contrived- I decided on a different name for my blog.

nancyfancypants

My dear dear friend Gina gave that nickname to me and it stuck.  Some people call me nancyfancypants, some call me Fancy (my bil has been calling me that since we met 15 years ago), and other call me "Pants".  Oh, and sometimes they get Gina's nickname wrong and call me fancynancypants.  I like them all, it doesn't matter.  Gina got nancyfancypants from the Fancy Nancy books she read to her two adorable little girls (and I mean ADORABLE.)  Actually, Gina is pretty adorable herself- her nickname is "Princess" and not in a bad way either.

Soooo, after searching out some ideas and seeing that everyone else has already thought of all my "witty" little spins on the word "sew", I found out that someone has already thought of it all.  Bummer.  I did see Fancy Pants, but no nancyfancypants.  So there you go- I have a name for my blog.  It's official.

Let the sewing begin...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nancy and welcome to the blogging world! Thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hi. I lived in Japan for three years in the early 1990s. My first husband was stationed at Yokota and we lived in a small town about 3 trains stops away from the base or about 5 miles away. I taught English, worked for a hospital in Chiba prefecture, learned to speak Japanese and began my study of Japanese embroidery while I was there.

    I still enjoy visiting on occasion and I'm completely addicted to Yuzuwaya -- the big craft store.

    I too LOVE the food in Japan and found it so easy to eat well and be healthy there. About the only thing I struggled with was the air quality...I wish they had had blogs back when I was there...I would have loved that.

    Don't forget to take lots of pics and post them...you'll be glad you have a record of it all ten years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you for being the first person to comment on my blog! Yokota was our first stop in Japan as that is where we flew into. I am impressed you learned to speak Japanese- i am learning little by little.
    i LOVE Yazawaya. It was the first place everyone told me about when I got here. There is one right outside the Yamato train station that I like to go to. I have another blog that I have been posting about my adventures in Japan- and even have a post about Yuzawaya (http://fancypants-fancysblog.blogspot.com/2009_10_01_archive.html). I love that the Japanese love crafts just as much as we do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for subscribing to my blog!