Monday, January 11, 2010

Babies!

My sweet friend I met this summer had her baby.  They thought she was having a boy- so imagine everyone's suprise when a beautiful baby girl was born!  Poor thing had to go take back ALL of the boy clothes she bought- it was quite an ordeal.  (I said poor thing because of all the hassle- not because she had a girl!)
I am excited since I have some really cute baby girl patterns.  I love sewing baby things.  I must had made a million blankets for my daughter expecially.  My kids still love blankets to this day.
So far I have made a blanket and cap made from a lavender fleece that has been hanging around in my stash FOREVER.  I love how easy fleece is to sew and how soft and comfy it is.  I just hate how it pills and looks bad after being washed one too many times.  But I had an idea when I was working with the fleece how that would be a good starter project for my friend who just bought her first machine.  (I am still thinking about offering classes- but I haven't worked out the details in my head yet.)
With the left over fleece I made sister her own cap and a scarf.  In hindsight I realized I should have made them for my friend's older daughter- so she can match her new baby sister.
I wish i had pictures- but I can't get the pictures to download from my memory stick at the moment. *enter un-smiley face*
Currently I am working on a zip front hoodie for Sister.  I cut it from the beige paw print Minky fabric I bought from Fabric.com.  I also have it in pink and baby blue (I intended the fabric for baby blankets and the like.)  I used the pink to line the pockets and the hood.  It is about 60% done right now.  I probably would be further along if I didn't have things like feeding my family and laundry to worry about! ha!  (Oh I could get my behind off of Facebook too- how sad am I?)
I had a ball cutting out the pieces for the hoodie.  Sister (who is 7)- was really into it.  I explained to her how the pattern pieces are laid out and how important it is to cut the pieces out neatly.  I think she totally got it.  I LOVE IT.  She told me she likes watching because "watching is a good way to learn."  This weekend I am going to put together a project for her to work on with some felt- I just need to think of what?
Once I get the pictures on my 'puter I will post them for all to see.
Oh- I bought my first Japanese patterns.  I AM IN LOVE.  Since I can't get any images up- I will save my comment about my patterns for next time.  I can't wait to show you the cute baby britches pattern I found- very simple and so darling!
I have another baby to sew for as well- one of Hubby's sailors that worked for him just became a dad.  I will disappoint Hubby greatly if I don't crank out another baby blanket.  This one will be made from the Minky fabric.  I love that stuff- I can't wait to get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for subscribing to my blog!