Thursday, January 21, 2010

The finished projects

I wanted to post pictures of my projects so far.  Of course the "good" pictures are on the camera my Hubby has with him back in the States.  So I took a few with my iPhone- not the best but you get the idea right?

Sometimes it just takes a simple and fast project to get my motivation going.  There is nothing better than finishing a project.  I still need to take this to my friend.  We had sickies in the house so I didn't want to spread any germs to the baby.  Soon though...


The jacket I made for Sister came out ok.  She absolutely loves and would wear it everyday if I let her.  I finally ripped it off her and threw it in the laundry pile- it was filthy!  I made a lot of mistakes- the pockets are sideways for one.  But, I learned a few things so it is all good I think.  I have received many compliments for it though.  While that is nice I have to remind myself not to point out all the things I did wrong- like the lining for the pockets shows on the sideseams. (I really should have ripped them off and started over.)  No one seems to notice- but I am sure another seamstress would! I would like to make another hoodie for her, I have some really cute striped one sided fleece- it is like Rainbow Brite colors.  The kind of colors that make you happy.

I have another baby blanket in the works- the one for Hubby's friend's baby.  I used the same pink Minky fabric from the hoodie and basically just sewed two pieces together.  Unfortunately, I ran out of the satin baby blanket binding.  I am going to try a trip to Yuzawaya soon before I break down and order some from the States.  I have the stuff in blue- I wonder if that would work?

I am still trying to find a poject for my daughter to do, any ideas?







5 comments:

  1. I love it!! I wish wish wish I could sew like that! I try and try, but I think my problem is patience....that and the needle goes too fast sometimes lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! What about embroidery, could she do embroidery in a hoop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I was thinking about embroidery- I think she would enjoy that. I'll have to hunt down some hoops- I think maybe I got rid of mine last time we moved- it has been a while since I have done any needlework. We did make a purse out of felt yesterday- I hope to get the pictures up soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute jacket! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I am hoping to have some more projects to post soon. :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for subscribing to my blog!