Thursday, October 7, 2010

Looking at the next project...

I am so close to finishing Sissy's coat, but the hem kicking my butt!  The lining fits beautifully in the coat- but I just can't give it a decent hemming!  As it has been unseasonably warm, I have not been too inspired to finish the darned thing.  I have already taken the hem out at least 3 times and have shortened it a bit as well.  My goal is to finish it by next week.  I just need to swallow a big dose of patience and work it out!  Then all that will be left are the sleeves and the buttons/buttonholes.  I think I am going to do covered buttons.

I mentioned in my last post I have another project in the works.  It is a cute little party dress, I really hope the fabric is as cute as it looks online...

Iridescent Flocked taffeta from Fabric.com

Vogue V7848
I am going to make View C- though I may omit the ribbon if I can't find something I like.  I may shorten it a bit as well, but not too much.  While I wait on the fabric, I will work on the muslin.  And guess what?  I actually HAVE real unbleached muslin in my stash!  I thought I only had a small piece, but it turns out I have about 3 yards worth.  I can't even tell you how long I have had it- it probably came from Woolworths or Newburys (anyone remember those stores?)

Note to self- don't look at your order history for Fabric.com.  I can't believe I have spent that MUCH money!  *faints*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for subscribing to my blog!