Sunday, September 12, 2010

The serger has gotta go...

My serger is ancient.  It was a "big" purchase for me on Ebay about 11 years back.  Wow, time just speeds on by, doesn't it?  It is a New Home, three thread serger.  I believe New Home is now Janome.  I think that the serger probably needs a good servicing- but being in Japan makes that hard to figure out.  Honestly- I really need/want a new modern 4 thread model.  Problem is- I just bought a new machine.  Hubby is out to sea, but I am sure he would notice a new "toy" when he gets home! ha ha

For the time being- I think I need to figure out how to get my current serger working right.  The problem is that the stitches unravel like crazy- something is wrong with how it is threaded or something?

On a side note- I am working more with knits now.  I was scared of it before- didn't realize I wasn't using the correct kind of stitch (stretch stitch).  What a difference that little bit of knowledge has made for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for subscribing to my blog!