Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Coat for Sissy- in progress

My latest project is a long dress coat for Sissy.  I found this super cute green 21 whale corduroy at Fabric.com and a red polka dot for the lining.  The pattern is OOP Simplicity 3978.  I have had this pattern for a few years now, and I am glad it goes up to a size 8.  I have been wanting to make the coat for some time now.  But now I am afraid that maybe I was a little too adventurous with the colors?  It is going to be very long, down the calves, so all that green?  And it is kelly green, nice and bright.  I think I have decided to go ahead and continue with this length.  But before I finish it up I will decide if it needs to be shortened.  Sissy likes the length and is excited for the finished product. 


I want to make the other coat eventually as well- but maybe a more conservative color/print this time?

what I have so far...

you can see how long it is here, the mat underneath is a yard long

polka dot lining pieces

Of course, if it doesn't cool down here in Japan, she won't wear the coat for some time.  Last night at 9pm it was still 80 degrees out, it had been over 90 earlier in the day.  I have not checked the temp this morning, but I can see that it is nice and hot out already.  I am dreading driving my car today, as the AC doesn't work!  It makes me sweat just thinking about it...

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it!! The cord and lining are beautiful and look amazing together. What a fun coat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can't wait to finish it, I am having a couple of hurdles with it, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for subscribing to my blog!